Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Host: Stephanie Meyer


The Host- Stephanie Meyer

*****

This book is the more complex of a love triangle. It is more of a love four angle. Four people all loving in connected patterns. If you are a female such as me you will find some of the scenes to touch you dramatically. You become attached to the characters feelings. You feel the characters love admiration and hatred even. And then you have the main character. One of which you never get bored with or irritated with because there is sort of two of them. Though not quite. I absolutely love ‘new environmental’ books. Submersing you in another sort of community than you are used to. New trials and concerns. A new concept often is unattainable. I must admit that Meyer is not as well noted for this book as she should be. The Twilight Series of which I have not read seem that they would pale in comparison to this heart fluttering, funny in some moments, and internally challenging  story.
The reader feels connected as to want to way in on the decisions that the main character Wanderer makes. You want to tell Ian how awesome and sort of in love with him you are. Tell Jared to go fall down a well, and then tell him never mind, maybe your loved to. You feel torn when reading this book as to who you love the most just as the main character. Stephanie Meyer should be noted for this book more exponentially. The movie will be interesting to view. I fear they may leave some things out that are important to the story due to time limitations. It is such a long book. I am proud to say I have read it in all 5 times. It still carries me on the same journey I took the first time I read it. That is the mark of the good book. The goodness is not defeated by the reader’s knowledge of the events to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment