Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares: Rachel Cohn, David Levithan


Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares- Rachel Cohn, David Levithan

***

To begin, the authors ability to understand the need for two authors writing in first person for each of the characters is brilliant and allows the characters to not seem on e big blur as it would have if the characters first person chapters were written by the same person.  Two voices completely differentiated and yet intersected just as a love story should be. The concept of the red notebook is brilliant aswell. I almost want to plant one at my local book store.

It was not a suspenseful story. No wow moments, though a few that made you a little irritated for the certain characters ignorance because you know something they don’t.  a good read though not my favorite. If you gave me two options at to whether I would read I Never Loved Your Mind by Paul Zindel or   this book I would choose the former.  Whilst this book had its very kooky and extremely funny moments I have read better. I recommend it, I don’t love it and probably will never read it again. Though not to say I don’t want to have it hard copy on my bookshelf.

Also, props to the cover artist. The book cover truly gives you the sense of the book and its meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment